No progress. Actually, we
are back to step one. The neurologist has definitively decided that it is not
migraines, so now they are slowly backing me off all of those meds -- which is
great because with their help (and my emotional eating) I regained 50lb. ! :,(
My next appointment with the neurologist at CHAMP is set for Feb 5 -- they are going to try Botox injection on the nerves. ... and they booked me an MRI -- for May 30!! As I am not considered an urgent patient... which I understand, but still frustrated with.
But they have no idea. No medication has helped. No treatment has had any benefit longer than two hours. And any physical or cognitive activity causes more pain.
Waking up at about 6/10, two hour nap in the afternoon, and I am in bed by 8pm with ice packs on my head. Alex parents all weekend and every evening when he gets home so I can rest as much as possible to try and make it through the weekdays. On the weekends he also plans the meals, does all the grocery shopping, and does prep work for the weekday dinners. He is getting very exhausted... and it is frustrating to be able to share in so little of the load... and with no end in sight... *sigh*
Man, I feel like I am whining, but it is a realistic view of our lives at the moment...
No comments:
Post a Comment